IRCCS Istituto G. Gaslini, Genoa with expertise in Neurology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics
Director of Child and Neuropsychiatry Operative Unit, IRCCS G.Gaslini Institute, Genoa.
Graduated in Medicine and Surgery (1972) and post-graduated in Child Neuropsychiatry and Neurophysiopathology – University of Genoa
Professor in Child Neuropsychiatry at the Courses of Medicine and Surgery, Psychological Science, Psychology, Science of Primary Education, Logopedy, Physiotherapy, Audioprothesist Technicien; Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Professional Education in Sanitary Field, Orthopedic Technicien; the Postgraduated Schools of Child Neuropsychiatry, Pediatrics, Neurophysiopathology, Neurology, Audiology; Clinical Psychology; the Course of Neuroscience Research Doctorate.
– Director of Child Neuropsychiatry Post-graduate School, University of Genoa.
– Director of Child and Neuropsychiatry Operative Unit, IRCCS G.Gaslini Institute.
– Coordinator of Child Neuro-psychomotricist (Neurodevelopmental Therapist) first degree course, University of Genoa.
She attended stages for professional qualification at:
– Research of Biology of Neonatal Neurology Development of ENSERM, Paris;
– Pediatric Neurology Service, Research Laboratory of Neuromuscular Pathology and Laboratory of Electrophysiology at Catholic University of Leuven, Bruxelles.
– The Neurological Institute, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York.
– Service de Neurologie, Service de Psychiatrie Infantile (Prof. D. Cohen), Groupe Hospitalier Pitié-Salpêtrière, Paris
She is Co-Author of 4 books and 20 chapters in 10 books.
She is author or co-author of n.467 printed scientific publications, of which n.151 on ISI journals, foreign/italian Journals with referee.
She is researcher in: Epilepsy and epileptic syndrome of developmental age; EEG and clinic neurophysiology; Neurometabolic and neurodegenerative diseases, Autism, Cerebral Palsy.
She was member of:
– Board of Italian Society of Child and Adolescence Neuropychiatry Italian Society (S.I.N.P.I.A.), with role of Coordinator of Neurology Scientific Section;
– “Journal of Child Neuropsychiatry” Redation Comitee;
– Technical Scientific Comitee of Scientifical Institute G.Gaslini.
She is member of Scientific Comitee of:
– Italian Association of Rett Syndrome (AIRett);
– Italian Association Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood – AISEA;
– David Chiossone Institute, Genova.
She won the Study Prize “Augusta Alabastro”, University of Genoa.
She is member of the following Scientific Societies:
• International Child Neurology Association
• European Pediatric Neurology Society
• Société Européenne de Neurologie Pédiatrique
• Società Italiana di Neuropsichiatria dell’Infanzia e dell’Adolescenza
• Lega Italiana contro l’Epilessia
• Società Italiana per lo Studio delle Cefalee.
She has clinic trial experience concerning GCP and she is involved in several clinical pharmaceutical trials.